Sunday, October 12, 2008

Early morning walks and friendship


I have a great neighbor, Kaye, who likes to walk with me in the mornings. Sometimes our schedules conflict, then we don't walk.  Sometimes it's windy, cold and snowing so we don't walk then either.  Maybe we are a little fair weather in our habits; however, walking as much as we can is better than never walking.  The best part of our time together is the talking.  One morning Teena heard us laughing clear down the road.  I guess we are a little boisterous sometimes.  Other times we are quite serious because we are sharing our hearts' aches and pains.  Good friends are hard to find and ones who will get up early and walk with you are even harder to find.  It's definitely worth the effort.



Sunrise


"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." -- Kahlil Gibran


Sun rise on Dry Fork Canyon as seen from the Flume Trail


"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." -- Helen Keller


"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." -- Anais Nin

Thank you to all my friends.

4 comments:

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

I agree that the best part of walking is the talking. I always seem to have the best conversations when walking. Can't say I'm as early a riser as you though... gotta work on that one still. :)

Janie said...

Friendship and long walks go together, I agree. Love the Gibran quote. I recently reread The Prophet, and that's one of my favorite lines.
I've missed your blog. Glad to see you're back.

Lisa M said...

This is beautiful. Stunning.

I am lucky to have you as a friend!

Thanks for the warm wishes and prayers.

Much appreciated!

jillybeanz said...

What a neat post! You guys definately have ideal scenery to walk around in up there. Don't forget Mere's tomorrow night at 6:30 :)