Thursday, November 6, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude



A very dear friend of mine taught me how important gratitude is for dispelling fear and negative thinking.  It's an important practice.  

There are so many things that I am grateful for today:  my family, my friends, my health,  a wonderful place to live and a warm fire on this cold day.  There are small things I'm grateful for today as well:  the beautiful flowers my office mate received from her sister that brightened up our small, windowless room, picking up my cat Jack and listening to him purr, an internet connection with DSL and blogs! 

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice."
--Meister Eckhart


4 comments:

mamateena said...

Well said girlfriend. You are such a deep thinker, and I'm learning that through your blog.

Janie said...

So true. Remembering to be thankful for our many blessings is a key to happiness.
I enjoy and benefit from your blog meditiations!

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

Very true, it is always good to remember how lucky you are. Something about an animal's unconditional love always gets me and makes me feel especially happy and grateful.

Lisa M. said...

I've been trying very hard as of late to focus on gratitude. I'm hoping it will make a difference in my over all view and skew of things.

As always, I appreciated today, visiting here.