Monday, August 2, 2010

The Center for Uintah Basin Youth and Families

Dearest Bloggers:

As you may or may not know, I'm a social worker, through and through.  I help families who have children with complicated needs.  Last fall I was lucky enough to "get" a Master of Social Work student who wanted to do her field practicum with me.  Joslin and I formed a great team, I helped her learn new things, but she also helped me learn a lot of new things too.  Our synergy created momentum for what we call a System of Care in our Uintah Basin.  

Please read what she posted on her blog last night, check out the project and VOTE for this project to help families and youths!  Anybody can vote and you can vote everyday.  Winning is a popularity contest so go for it!  Spreading the word is what I'm up to in My World today.

Thanks! 



SUNDAY, AUGUST 1, 2010

I NEED Your Help!

Seriously I do...

I had this crazy idea while I was out of my mind one day

"I should apply for a grant and open a child abuse and delinquency prevention center "(insert laugh here)

But my "out of mind" experience didn't stop there because here I am almost 7 months later and I'm in the final stages of getting a grant. So, you wonder what the bad news is?

I need help!

And lots of it! I wrangled my co-students into getting involved, but I need about million times more help!

I applied for a $250,000 grant from the Pepsi Refresh Everything Project. The awardee is decided by popular vote. Whichever project is ranked #1 by Aug. 31st at midnight EST gets the money!

Here's how you can help:

1. Text 101793 to pepsi(73774) daily standard messaging rates apply
2. Vote by way of facebook (you'll have to click on the pepsi application and then vote)
3. Vote by way of our website
4. Vote by way of Pepsi -or-
5. Use the vote button on the top right of this blog!

After you've voted:

1. Pass it on to your friends, family, and coworkers!
2. Tell your neighbors
3. Let your kids vote (anyone 13 yrs and older can vote)
4. Have your spouse vote

And then, DO IT ALL AGAIN TOMORROW!

Thank you in advance to everyone who chooses to support me in this!




7 comments:

Martha Z said...

This sounds like a worthwhile project, it can have my vote.

Barb said...

I'll vote, too!

Sylvia K said...

Mine, too, and I've signed up!

Sylvia

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I will definitely vote, Loran... I'm proud of you... There's such a need....

God Bless...
Hugs,
Betsy

Gaelyn said...

I'd love to vote but Pepsi wants all my personal info and I don't go for that. I sure hope you get what you want girl. Sound like a great project.

Joe Todd said...

Good for you

Janie said...

Sounds like a great project for the Basin. It has my vote.