Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life goes on without pictures

It's been a very busy time for me.  Last week I went to the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City with three girlfriends.  We saw Much Ado About Nothing and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.  Both plays were excellent and very well done.  I had my camera with me but didn't take any pictures.

Two days later my parents arrived for a visit.  They just left this morning.  Again, I didn't take any pictures.  We had a wonderful visit and I am blessed that the two of them are still so vibrantly alive.

Also on the job another grant is adding work hours to my schedule.  And the kids will be leaving for college in a couple of weeks.  And.....and.....and.....I've had so little time for blogging and commenting, but I do appreciate everyone who stops by!

I think I will regret not taking any pictures but sometimes I'm just not in the mood.  Anyone else have this problem on occasion?

Perhaps it's not a bad thing to opt for visual memories--as long as my memory remains intact!

10 comments:

Together We Save said...

I know what you mean about pictures... sometimes I just don't want to spoil the special moments by stopping to get the camera.

Gaelyn said...

I usually forget to take pictures of people then wish I had later. But such it is with a busy life. Just enjoy it!

Sorry I missed you being so close by, relatively speaking.

Janie said...

When busy with visitors, it's hard to remember to pick up the camera.
Glad to hear your parents are in good health and still traveling the country, coming to visit.
I've been to the Shakespeare Festival numerous times. It's always fun.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you are very busy--but also HAPPY, Loran... I can understand not taking pictures all of the time... Sometimes I just am not in the mood either....

Good Lucky with your grants...
Hugs,
Betsy

Sylvia K said...

I know exactly what you mean, Loran! As much as I love taking photos, there are times when I just don't pick up the camera for whatever reason. Know you've enjoyed your company/parents and it's good to know they are in such good health! Good luck with the grants! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Sylvia

Esther Garvi said...

Life quality is much more important than any thing else! Glad you had much of that! :-)
Warm greetings from a rainy Niger,
Esther

Linda said...

Absolutely, I know exactly what you mean. I'm not in a photo taking mood right now and I wasn't at the beginning of our recent holiday. As one commenter said, sometimes you just want to live in the moment.

Martha Z said...

Yes, sometimes I just want to "be" and not be bothered with the camera. I don't know how you manage to keep up with your blog with a job and family. I find my blog to be a job in itself.

Barb said...

Hi Loren, Sometimes just keeping memories is best. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. It's passing by quickly here in the mountains.

Chaves Truid said...

Sistem apa pun yang Anda ikuti dan tidak peduli bagaimana Anda mengubahnya, pastikan Anda mengujinya secara online dengan akun gratis terlebih dahulu, sehingga
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
bandar ceme
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
http://199.30.55.59/sumoqq78/
datahk 2019