Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yellowstone Falls


The happy campers in front of Yellowstone Falls.  The falls drop over 300 feet (91.4m).  The river has carved out an amazing canyon.  In certain light the rocks look yellow, hence the name Yellow Stone.


The intensity and power of the water going over the falls just cannot be shown in a picture. Believe me, I tried!  I took a million pictures but none of them capture the water's energy. When I got home it occurred to me that I could have taken a video with my cell phone.  Maybe next time.






The woman in this picture was very afraid to look over the falls even with a fence in front of her!  You do feel like you could get pulled over by the force but it's safe.


There are so many other scenic places around the world, check here for more at Scenic Sunday.

11 comments:

Vita Stunder said...

Lovley collection of scenic shots!

Have a great sunday!
Anna

Bryan said...

I have yet to go to Yellowstone, but with every photo I see, the more I want to. I was in Yosemite a few weeks ago...have you been there? The falls there are fairly impressive too.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Amazing collection of photos! This would have been an awesome experience! I love the moods and whims and energy of water!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My Goodnes, Loran... it's FABULOUS!!!!! Can you feel my joy???? OH---how I'd love to see that waterfall. George said that he'd take me there. Soon--I hope!!!!

Thanks... It is awesome.
Hugs,
Betsy

irene said...

Impressive. Your pictures bring us right there! Thanks for sharing your trip.

CreativeMish said...

Yellowstone is such a beautiful place! We went almost every summer when I was a kid! Love your photo's

Gaelyn said...

That is one amazing waterfall. I'll bet you could feel the power of all that water. Excellent captures.

Unknown said...

I haven't been to Yellowstone yet. It is on my list of places to go, and these photos have just pushed it up higher on the list. Wonderful!

penny said...

Thanks for the wonderful views of the falls and Yellowstone, I have never been there so I enjoyed your journey :)

Anonymous said...

Great blog you have here. Nice scenic pics and I really like the grizzly bear chasing the ducks post! :)

Gretchen said...

Just stunning! Another place I'm adding to my must see list.